Tuesday, September 3, 2013

What's For Dinner: Mesquite Pork Chops, Quinoa, Brown Sugar Carrots, Broccoli



UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

This is a fast simple dairy soy free dinner that is pretty healthy too.




What you will need:
A pack of pork chops (I use boneless cuts)
A pack of McCormick Grill Mates Mesquite Marinade (some of these kinds of marinades are soy and dairy free others are not read your ingredients)
1/4 Cup of Oil (I use Olive Oil or Grape Seed Oil)
1/4 Cup Water
1 Cup Quinoa (or rice if you want instead)
Fresh or Frozen Broccoli (not in sauce)
Fresh or Frozen Carrots (not in sauce)
*Brown & White Sugar for Carrots Optional
*Sea Salt for Broccoli Optional






Marinade Pork Chops as directed on marinade package. Cook as desired, I fry mine in skillet till slightly browned.






Cook Quinoa as directed on package. Quinoa is not only incredibly tasty but also an excellent source of protein. You find it in the rice isle by lentils.







I buy frozen vegetables that are just vegetables no sauces. So I will steam my broccoli then add just a little sea salt. The Birds Eye broccoli in the bag (not the steamer bag just the plain bag) is really good.






I also steam my carrots then sprinkle with a little sugar (white & brown) heat then add more brown sugar before serving.






That's all there is to it. Marinade takes about 30 minutes after that the meal will cook in less than 20 minutes. So a fast, easy, healthy dairy soy free dinner.





2 comments:

  1. How did you determine that the Mesquite McCormick Grill Mates (or other flavors) was soy free since it lists "natural flavoring" as an ingredient? Trial and error? I just feel like we were so close to narrowing down what all my Annabelle is allergic to and then I got a few little threads of red in her diaper again the day after we made this meal. Just wondering if it's lingering irritation (which the doc said was possible) or if it's some hidden soy in the McCormick seasoning or something else that I ate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anything with natural flavorings never bothered my Annabel but if it is upsetting your Annabelle then definitely cut it out of her diet. I lot of this is just trial and error. At first I avoided everything even things produced in a facility with dairy and soy items. But after Annabel turned 1 we started trying things that were made in the same facility and she did ok but all babies might not. Just follow your gut. It took my Annabel about 6 weeks to first heal up from dairy and start feeling better once we started this diet. Annabel is 18 months old and we are getting ready to start introducing some dairy snd soy to see how she does. I will write blogs about our trials. We are at 527 days dairy, soy, and eating out free.

      Delete