Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Dairy Soy Free Peanut Butter Cookies



UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


I got this recipe off Pintrest (Healthy Peanut Butter Cookies). As long as you check your peanut butter and cooking spray this recipe is dairy soy free and tasty.  Plus, these are pretty healthy so you won't feel bad giving them to the kids.





                       

Ingredients:

1 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup Honey
1 TSP Baking Soda
1 Egg






Mix the peanut butter and honey first, then add in the egg and baking soda.





*They were really runny so I put the batter in the refrigerator for about 40 minutes before scooping them out. Unfortunately they were still runny so I changed out my cookie sheet for a baking sheet and just spread the batter on in a thick sheet. I will cut them into squares or use cookie cutters for fun shapes. Plus, if you use cookie cutters then someone has to eat all the scraps around the edges (oh darn, I guess the chef will have to do that). *I use Pam for Grilling (it is one of the only cooking sprays with no soy, if you can find a pure olive oil or coconut oil spray check those too some have soy some don't) to spray the cookie sheet (baking sheet) & the measuring cups (this will help the peanut butter and honey come out easier).



Bake for 10 minutes on 350 degrees. *Because I poured my batter in one thick sheet my cookies needed to cook longer than 10 minutes. Mine baked for 5 minutes longer (15 minutes total). Then I let them sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
















*Make sure to check your peanut butter for soy (look for natural).

These were not my favorite peanut butter cookies, but they were good and for the calorie count I would say they are definitely worth it.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment