Tuesday, September 10, 2013

What's For Dinner: Breaded Pork in Garlic Tomato Sauce



UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


This is a recipe that I got off the TV show The Chew. I tried it for the first time yesterday. I did change some of the original recipe to make it dairy soy free. I also used boneless pork chops instead of pork tenderloin, I know they are not the same thing but pork tenderloin was not on sale and I really wanted to try the recipe. Also I forgot the fresh garlic so I used minced I had at home in a container. I will post a link to the original recipe at the end, if you are not dairy soy free you can try it. I think it turned out very good. My tomatoes were not as ripe as they could have been but still very tasty. I will make it again.




Ingredients:

1 Pork Tenderloin, sliced into 1” medallions (I used boneless pork chops)
1 1/2 cups Panko Breadcrumbs (Emeril Original Panko Breadcrumbs are dairy soy free)
1 cup Flour
2 whisked Eggs
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper

Tomato Sauce Ingredients:

2 lb overly ripe chopped Plum Tomatoes
2 sprigs Oregano (leaves only)
1 diced Onion
2 cloves sliced Garlic
Olive Oil
Salt & Pepper






Directions:

Preheat the oven on broil.

Place eggs, flour, and Panko into separate shallow dishes, seasoning all with salt.

Season pork on both sides with salt and pepper.

Coat pork in flour, shaking off any extra.

Dip in eggs and then Panko mixture, pressing to coat well.

Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high.

Fry pork in batches to golden brown, around two or three minutes.

Flip and cook on the other side just as long.






To start the sauce, pulse tomatoes in a food processor until smooth.








Heat a little olive oil in a saute pan on medium high.

Add onion, salt and pepper, sauteing for a few minutes.

Add in garlic and cook 30 seconds.

Pour in tomatoes and oregano leaves, cooking a couple minutes.






Adjust sauce seasoning to taste.

Add browned pork to tomato sauce.






Stick it in the broiler for two to three minutes, long enough to brown in a few spots.









That's it! As always read all your ingredients to check for dairy & soy.

Here is the original recipe from The Chew: Pork Parmesan Medallions by Michael Symon 

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment