Monday, September 16, 2013

Part Two: Quick Lists Of Dairy Soy Free Foods



UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


This is part two of some dairy soy free items that you can use for many different meals. There are other brands but these are some I use all the time and feel confident in, but as always please read ingredients before use.

First are some cooking oils you can use. Grapeseed Oil and Olive Oils are great for marinades, sauces, and pan frying. 100% Corn, Canola, or Peanut Oils are great for deep frying (also good old lard). Coconut Oil is perfect for baking, popcorn, and to replace butter in recipes. Pam for Grilling is one of the only cooking sprays I have found dairy soy free.






Next we have some salad dressings that are dairy soy free. Finding dairy soy free salad dressing can be challenging, even the make your own packets often contain soy. Here are three I use a lot. Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals Italian With Herbs, Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Fat Free Greek, and Maple Grove Farms of Vermont Fat Free Balsamic Vinaigrette.






Here are two quick easy lunch ideas. Progresso Light Vegetable Soup (one of the only canned soups I've found dairy soy free) or Hunts Manwich Original Sloppy Joe Sauce (just add hamburger meat). If you want your sloppy joe on a bun Udis makes dairy soy free hamburger & hotdog buns, they are found in the frozen gluten free section.





If you love peanut butter & jelly you are in luck. Look for the all natural peanut butters (check ingredients), I use Peter Pan brand. For jelly & preserves I love Smucker's (again check ingredients). I love peach, peach-mango, cherry, apricot, and 1/2 sugar grape. I eat mine on Udis bagels but Udis also makes bread (find in the frozen gluten free section).





Lastly, we have an easy dairy soy free breakfast. I use Swaggerty's Premium Sausage (or bacon just read your ingredients), Alexia Yukon Select Hash Browns (you can make your own if you don't like frozen), eggs (I love farm fresh), Calcium & Vitamin D enriched orange juice, and pancakes. Here is a simple dairy soy free pancake recipe.

About 2 to 2 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
2 tablespoon of cooking oil (100% corn oil)
2 tablespoon of sugar
1egg
water (if you like a thicker pancake leave the batter a little thick, just add water until it looks right, almost like cake mix, maybe a little thinner)

*If you want add fresh or frozen fruit.

Cook a few minutes on each side.





If you have questions about a product or recipe just leave me a comment and I will try my best to help.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

1 comment:

  1. don't forget spectrum's shortening! Comes in regular and buttered flavor. Both are dairy free and soy free. Great for making "buttercream" frosting.

    ReplyDelete