Friday, September 6, 2013

Part One: Quick Lists Of Dairy Soy Free Foods



UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


One of the hardest things when going dairy soy free is to do the research on what brands make dairy soy free foods. Not just brands that everything they make is dairy soy free, like Udis & Enjoy Life, but brands you use to eat that have dairy soy free foods. In this post I'm going to let you benefit from my research and give you some snacks and meals that I have found to be dairy soy free. As always please double check the ingredients to make sure they are still dairy soy free (sometimes ingredients change).

Sugary cereals are not good for you, but if you just got to have some here are a few to get you started. Believe it or not these have no dairy or soy. Reese's Puffs, Rice Chex, Apple Cinnamon Chex, Cinnamon Chex, Cherrios, Fruity Cherrios, & Cocoa Puffs. I'm sure there are more but these are some we buy regularly that I have checked many times.






Next let's talk snacks. Going dairy soy free can feel overwhelming, but there are some snack foods (chips & cookies included) you can have.Tostitos Scoops, Tostitos Salsa (all natural), Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Sea Salt & Vinegar, Cape Cod Kettle Cooked Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno, Fritos Corn Chips, and Fritos BBQ Twists. My favorite go to cookies are Enjoy Life (all there products are dairy soy free).






Now I will give you two meals almost everyone seems to make; spaghetti and tacos.

For spaghetti you just needs a few items (unfortunately one of those items is not parmesan cheese, go ahead and say goodbye to cheese now, treat it like a cheating ex-boyfriend and kick it to the curb). You can probably use your favorite spaghetti. So far I have not found any dry pasta that uses dairy or soy so they are pretty safe. Now the sauce can be tricky. Either use homemade sauce or try to find a natural sauce (but still read ingredients even natural sauces sometimes have soy). My go to is Prego 100% Natural Sauces (I love the roasted garlic & herb). Then add ground beef or turkey if you wish.






Next is tacos. Tacos took me awhile to find sauce, season, and tortillas that were dairy soy free, but I have finally found all the pieces to my puzzle. Here's what I use: ground beef/turkey, OLE Xtreme Wellness Tortillas (they are so good and soft), Ortega Taco Seasoning (or just make your own, it's super easy just Google Taco Season Recipe), Ortega Taco Sauce, tomatoes, spinach, red onions, and Uncle Bens Brown Rice (any rice or quinoa should be fine but check the ingredients). Then you can serve chips and salsa on the side (I use Tostitos Scoops & Tostitos Salsa, most salsas are ok but if you use other chips double check them).






Now we have some random items. Emeril's All Natural Panko Bread Crumbs (for any breading needs), McCormick Golden Dip Fish 'n Chips Batter (great on cod, think Long John Silver's), Boboli or Classico Traditional Pizza Sauce (for pizzas), and some McCormick Grill Mates marinades (Baja Citrus, Mesquite, Mexican Fiesta,  Southwest, Smokin Sweet Tea, Spiced Brandy & Herb, and Chipotle).






We can't forget the kids. If you have a child that's eating dairy soy free HappyFamily is a great brand. Not everything they make is dairy soy free. They do have options such as HappyPuffs for babies, HappyBaby organic baby food (check label not all flavors dairy soy free), and HappyTimes toddler snacks (check label not all flavors dairy soy free).






So there you have it some snack foods, two meal staples, some random items, & some baby/toddler foods dairy soy free. I will try to keep bringing you dairy soy free foods that I find. If you have a question about a certain food or brand please leave me a comment, and I will try my best to help.

Quick Note: Grandparents Day is Sunday, September 8th (this Sunday). Don't forget to thank the wonderful grandparents in your life.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom