Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What's For Dinner: Baked Garlic Salmon, Rice, Broccoli







UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


Fish can be so healthy for you. We try to eat fish at least once a week in our house, and salmon is one of my favorite fish to cook. This is a simple healthy recipe. Salmon is such a flavorful fish I think simple is better, but it is also delicious with glazes and marinades.

For this dinner all you need is Salmon (as much as your family wants), olive oil, minced garlic, rice (I like Uncle Ben's Heart Healthy Brown Rice), sesame seed oil & seeds, and another side (I like steamed broccoli with sea salt).




*I use frozen fish because I never seem to cook it fast enough, so I end up wasting fresh fish. Plus, frozen fish, frozen veggies, & rice are staples you should always have so you have a healthy fast meal no matter what.

Take your fresh or thawed salmon and put in a baking dish. Cover salmon in olive oil & garlic. Then bake at 425 for 20 minutes.





Here is a good article on How Long Do You Bake Salmon

*Options: You can also grill if you don't want to bake it (about 4 minutes each side). And if you don't like garlic you can use cayenne, all spice, or change out the olive oil for lemon & lemon pepper. Just make sure you check your seasons for soy.






For the rice cook as directed. I like to add sesame seed oil & seeds at the end of cook time. This adds a little more flavor since butter is a no no.

Then I just steam the broccoli and sprinkle with sea salt.

This meal is under 30 minutes and healthy. The salmon came out flaky and moist. It was delicious!





*Note: Be careful when cooking with glass. Read your care instructions or look them up online. Do not set hot glass on a cold surface, use a pot holder or something to sit glass on out of the oven. Do not broil food in glass.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment