Tuesday, October 8, 2013

What's For Dinner: Dairy Soy Free Crockpot Chicken Enchiladas with Dairy Soy Free Sour Cream






UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them. I also have found a great homemade sauce recipe so check back on my newer posts for it soon. The tortillas listed below now have soy as of 08/2016 but the OLE Xtreme Wellness Fat Free ones as of now are dairy soy free.




These are dairy soy free crockpot chicken enchiladas. You have to be careful of the tortillas and enchilada sauce you get, read them carefully for dairy & soy.




Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast
2 10oz Cans Enchilada Sauce (I used La Preferida Red Chile Enchilada Sauce Mild)
Minced Garlic (to taste, I use about a tablespoon)
Chili Powder (to taste, I use about a tablespoon)
Red Pepper Flakes (to taste, I use about a teaspoon)
1/2 of a Chopped Onion
1/3 Cup Diced Jalapeno Peppers
Tortillas (I use OLE Xtreme Wellness High Fiber Low Carb Tortillas)

Directions:

Empty one can enchilada sauce into crockpot. Place chicken in next. Season with minced garlic, chili powder, and red pepper flakes. Pour other can of enchilada sauce on chicken (cover completely). Cook on high for 2 hours, then lower to low for 4 hours (or cook on low for 8 hours). Shred chicken.















During the last hour add onions & jalapenos.
Shred chicken with fork. Serve on warm tortillas.













You can even make your own fast & easy dairy soy free sour cream. Here's how:

Dairy & Soy Free Sour Cream




Ingredients:

1 cup of coconut cream off the top of a cold can of coconut milk (found in the Tai section of the store) *do not shake can
1/2 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar

Directions:

Mix the coconut milk (hard cream part) with the Apple Cider Vinegar and stick it back in the fridge. Feel free to use less or more vinegar to your taste.




*This dairy soy free sour cream was ok but not great. I would not eat it with vegetables, but it's ok on enchiladas and with chili. There is another way to make dairy soy free sour cream with cashews that I might try next time.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment