Tuesday, October 22, 2013

What's For Dinner: Dairy Free Soy Free Pineapple Ginger Chops






UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


Pineapple Ginger Chops




Ingredients:

1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
4 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup orange juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup water

Directions:

Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice; set aside. Combine pepper and ginger; rub over both sides of pork chops. In a skillet, brown chops in coconut oil for 2-3 minutes on each side. Add orange juice, 1 cup pineapple and reserved pineapple juice. (Refrigerate remaining pineapple for another use.)











Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until meat is tender. Remove pork chops and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt and water until smooth; stir into pan juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork.













From the cookbook "Taste of Home: simple & delicious cookbook" on page 53.

I served the pork chops with steamed broccoli & brown sugar carrots.




You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment