Thursday, October 10, 2013

Dairy Soy Free Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts or Donut Holes






UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


These taste like sugar cookie donuts. I tried both the donuts and the donut holes, I liked the donut holes better. My big donuts came apart (I think they were undercooked). The donut holes came out great.

Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts or Donut Holes

Makes 50 Donut Holes or 20 Donuts




Ingredients

Donuts:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
1 1/4 cups coconut milk
1 egg
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

Topping:
1/2 cup coconut oil melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pan with cooking spray (only if pan is not nonstick).

In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Combine thoroughly.






In a separate bowl, whisk together the 2 tbsp melted coconut oil, coconut milk, egg, and vanilla.






Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.









Pour the batter into a large ziploc bag and snip off the corner. Pipe batter into donut pan until each donut cavity is 2/3 full.






Bake for 10-12 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean and donut is springy. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the pan.









To remove the donuts, turn pan upside down and tap a couple times until all the donuts fall out.

For the cinnamon sugar topping, melt 1/2 cup of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl. In another bowl, mix 1/2 cup sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon. Dip each donut hole first in the coconut oil (allowing excess to drip off) and then into the cinnamon sugar. Enjoy!








Original Recipe: Cinnamon Sugar Baked Donuts

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment