Wednesday, October 23, 2013

What's For Dinner: Dairy Free Soy Free Meatloaf with Garlic Mashed Potatoes










UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


Everyone has a favorite meatloaf recipe, so I thought I would share my mom's meatloaf recipe. I changed the milk for coconut milk and the crackers for Panko bread crumbs to make this recipe dairy soy free.

Mom's Meatloaf

Ingredients:




1 to 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
1 Egg
2/3 cup coconut milk
2/3 cup panko bread crumbs (I use Emeril's Original)
1/2 cup onion (I use about a cup of frozen fajita mix (green & red peppers and onions instead)
1 teaspoon salt ( you can leave it out or salt to taste)
1/2 teaspoon sage
Dash pepper
1 cup ketchup (I use Hunt's Natural)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (I use Bi-Lo Brand Southern Homes)

*Check all your ingredients for dairy & soy.

Mix everything but the ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire together and place it in an un-greased meatloaf pan.





Mix ketchup, brown sugar, and Worcestershire together in a bowl and spread about half of it over the meatloaf.






Bake at 350 degrees for 60 to 65 minutes (mine took closer to 90 minutes, take out at 60 and check it) About 40 minutes in drain off excess grease carefully and apply the rest of the topping. Finish cooking, enjoy!





I served the meatloaf with my recipe for garlic mashed potatoes.





Dairy Free Soy Free Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Ingredients:




8 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1/2 cup coconut milk
1/4 cup coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
salt to taste
1 pinch ground pepper
2 tablespoons green onions, chopped (optional)

Directions:

Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.

Drain, and place in a large bowl.

Combine potatoes with coconut milk, coconut oil, garlic, salt, and pepper.

Mash with a potato masher to your desired consistency. Sprinkle with chopped green onions if you would like.




What's your favorite meatloaf? Is it a recipe from childhood or one you've found recently?

*If you use a glass baking dish read all care instructions, and never broil food in them or place on cold surface out of hot oven.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment