Friday, October 11, 2013

International Babywearing Week



I'm a little late on this post, but I just found out it's International Babywearing Week. I love babywearing! When I found out I was pregnant I did a lot of research on what kind of baby carrier I wanted, would fit our lifestyle, and be safe for our baby. I ended up registering for and getting a Moby wrap and also buying an Ergobaby with Infant Insert.

My husband liked the Moby wrap. It was cooler (babies are like little heaters) and let him customise how he wanted to carry Bel. I loved the Ergobaby. To me the Moby was a little confusing and hard to put on. I liked that I could easily snap on the Ergobaby by myself and feel secure it was on right.

Babywearing to me is a wonderful way to bond with your baby and keep them close. It is great for housework, shopping, hiking, & comforting a sick baby. Bel did not love being in the carrier all the time, but it was a lifesaver when she was sick. I also can see babywearing being even more useful when you have more than one child. I can still carry Bel comfortable in the Ergobaby, even at 25 pounds.



If you have never tried babywearing I suggest you give it a shot. Just do your research on what carriers will work best for you and your baby. Make sure to read and follow all the safety guidelines of the carrier. Make sure your infants head is supported, their breathing is not restricted, and check on them often.

*Update 10/16/2013: Ergobaby just announced their new carrier called the 360. It lets you carry your baby on your back, hip, front inward facing, and now front outward facing. This is huge, because I know Bel would like to ride facing out but I love my Ergobaby. I will have to get me one of these.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment