Monday, October 28, 2013

What's For Dinner: Dairy Free Soy Free Zesty Crockpot Better BBQ Chicken & Mashed Potatoes






UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.




I've made crockpot dairy & soy free BBQ Chicken & a form of mashed potatoes before, but these are different recipes. I ended up liking this BBQ recipe more and these mashed potatoes more, my husband agrees.

Zesty Crockpot BBQ Chicken

Ingredients:




6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 ounce) bottle barbeque sauce (I used Garland Jacks Hickory Spice)
1/2 cup Italian salad dressing (I used Hidden Valley Farmhouse Originals)
1/4 cup brown sugar (I used dark brown)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce (I used Bi-Lo Brand Southern Homes)

*Check all your ingredients for dairy & soy.

Directions:

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the barbecue sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.





Pour over the chicken.





Cover, and cook 3 to 4 hours on High or 6 to 8 hours on Low.





I then Shred the chicken with two forks.





Original Recipe: Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken Barbecue


These are more traditional mashed potatoes. I just eyed the coconut milk & coconut oil, but I think these measuments are close.

Dairy Free Soy Free Mashed Potatoes





Ingredients:

8 potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 cup coconut milk (I used canned)
1/2 cup coconut oil
salt to taste
pepper to taste

Directions:

Bring a large pot of water to boil; add potatoes, and boil until soft, about 20 to 25 minutes.






Drain, and place in a large bowl.




Combine potatoes with coconut milk, coconut oil, salt, and pepper.









Mash with a potato masher to your desired consistency.







You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment