Monday, October 14, 2013

What's For Dinner: Dairy Free Soy Free Crockpot Honey BBQ Chicken








UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


I know what you're thinking "another crockpot recipe," but it's fall. I can't help but use my crockpot all the time. The meals are easy, warm, and comforting. This was my first time trying this recipe. Saturday afternoon I was trying to figure out what to make for dinner without going to the grocery store.

Dairy Free Soy Free Crockpot Honey BBQ Chicken




Ingredients:

Boneless thawed, Skinless Chicken Breast, (2lbs or 8 chicken tender pieces: 4oz. each)

3-6 Garlic Cloves, smashed and chopped (I love garlic and use a lot, but I'm still breastfeeding, and the garlic hurt Bel's stomach so I will have to cut back. Be careful with the garlic if you're still nursing.)

1 Teaspoon Italian Seasoning

1/3 cup Honey

1/2 to 1 cup (to your taste, I use 1 cup) Worcestershire (check for soy, I use Bi-Lo Brand)

1/2 to 1 cup (to your taste, I use 1 cup) Ketchup (check for soy, I use Hunts 100% Natural)

*The best way to peel garlic is put it in a bowl with a lid and shake hard for one minute. They come out almost completely peeled.




Directions:

Put the Italian seasoning and honey into crockpot. Then add the chicken, chopped garlic, Worcestershire sauce, and ketchup.





Let cook for 3-4 hours on high or 6-7 hours on low heat. (flip the chicken over about halfway through)

Serve whole or shredded, with rice or quinoa, or your choice or veggies.











I sauteed some zucchini & yellow squash with a little olive oil & salt free season all. I also cooked up some quinoa (follow box directions) to go with the chicken. If you have never tried quinoa I strongly suggest it. Not only is it delicious, but it has a lot of protein. You can find it in the rice isle. If you try one of the flavored quinoas check for dairy and soy. Quinoa is a great substitute for Rice.





You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment