Saturday, October 12, 2013

What's For Dinner: Dairy Free Soy Free Fully Loaded Chili









UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.


It's Fall, and the weather is starting to cool down so what could be better than a big bowl of chili. This is a recipe that I came up with. I eye a lot of the seasonings, but the measurements should be close. Make sure you check all your labels for dairy and soy.

Dairy Free Soy Free Fully Loaded Chili



Ingrediants:
1 lb ground turkey or beef
1 cup chopped onion
2 cans Ro-Tel diced green chilies & diced tomatoes
2 cans Hunts tomato sauce (100% Natural)
1 can Hunts diced tomatoes (no salt added)
1 can Bush's dark red kidney beans
2 tabelspoons olive oil (only with turkey)
2 cloves garlic or 1/4 Cup minced garlic
4 tablespoons chili powder (to your taste) (I use extra extra)
salt & pepper

*** For large pot add 1 lb ground meat, 2 cans Hunts tomato sauce, 1 can Hunts diced tomatoes, 1 can Bush's dark red kidney beans to the above ingredients.

Brown ground beef or ground turkey in olive oil until brown.
Add onions and cook until soft.

To the meat add garlic, salt, pepper and some chili powder, mix well.






In pot mix diced green chilies & diced tomatoes, Hunts tomato sauce, Hunts diced tomatoes, dark red kidney beans.

Add rest of the chili powder and minced garlic until it smells and tastes right.






Mix in ground meat and onions.







Cook on medium low for about 20 minutes.

Then simmer on low for at least 5 hours. Stirring every 30 minutes or so.












I eat mine with Tostitos Scoops (they are dairy & soy free).

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

No comments:

Post a Comment