Monday, August 29, 2016

Honey-Roasted Chickpeas


Honey-Roasted Chickpeas

UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it is possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.

You can also find me on Pintrest @dairysoyfreemom

This will probably be my last post until October. I’m scheduled to have this baby on Thursday so I will be taking a break. Hopefully, I will be back up and blogging in October. I will still be checking comments and questions and try to answer them if I can during September.

This is a great high protein dairy soy free snack you can make ahead of time and put in a bag to take with you. I find a lot of times when I’m out running errands or away from home I’m hungry and need something right away. It can be hard to just pick something up when you are dairy soy free. When these are cooked correctly they have a good crunch to them. This recipe is for a honey cinnamon sweet chickpea but I will also be posting a spicy salty recipe in the future in case sweet is not your thing (or if you are like me you love both). Warning this recipe will make your house smell like Christmas with all the cinnamon and nutmeg.

Honey-Roasted Chickpeas


Ingredients


15-ounce can organic garbanzo beans
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon sea salt

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat silicone mat.

  1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander. Place them on a towel to dry off.

 
 



 

  1. Spread chickpeas on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until crispy. Test one, and if it's still soft, bake for longer.


4.     While the chickpeas are still hot, toss them in a bowl with the oil, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Enjoy as is, or for a caramelized effect, place them back in the oven for another 10 minutes or so.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Store leftover chickpeas in an airtight container.



No comments:

Post a Comment