Monday, August 15, 2016

Dairy Soy Free Breads







UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.



Breads are something I missed a lot of last time I was on the no dairy no soy diet. About the only breads I could find over two years ago was the frozen kind. The frozen kind was not bad and trust me I was so grateful for it when I really wanted a sandwich. This time around I have been amazed at the options out there at my local grocery stores. Don’t get me wrong they are expensive compared to typical bread but when you want a piece of toast, sandwich, etc… it is worth the extra cost. Here are a few I have found and my thoughts on them.




Here are some breads I found at my local Publix grocery store. So far I have tried all the Dave’s Killer Breads and they were all good. My favorite by far is the Good Seed in yellow. To me it tastes like honey wheat bread (just with seeds). This bread comes in two sizes and runs about $4 a loaf for the small size and $5 or a little more for the larger size. Keep in mind this bread does go bad faster (I take this as a good sign that it’s not filled with preservatives).





These breads are also at Publix and seem to be dairy soy free. They run $4/$5 a loaf. They are on my list to try but I have not gotten the chance yet. Truthfully I like the Dave’s Killer Bread so much I’ve found it hard to try another yet. If anyone gets the chance to try this brand before I do I would love you to post your opinion on them.


Here are some bread choices I found at my local Food City. Again not cheap you are looking at over $5 a loaf most the time. I really want to try these hamburger buns soon. I make a mean turkey sloppy joe and it’s just not the same on loaf bread.


Here are a couple of options for tortilla bread. The smaller corn tortillas look, smell, and taste like the ones you get off of taco trucks. They are good but go bad fast and are small. I love the Xtreme Wellness brand of tortillas but the only version I found dairy and soy free are the fat free ones pictured. They stay soft even when refrigerated and are not to big not to small. They are really good just make sure you don’t grab the wrong ones.


I have even found dairy soy free versions of bread at Aldi’s. I have not tried it yet but it’s on my list. So check out your local bread isle and see what you can find. If you can’t find regular breads try the gluten free freezer section a lot of stores carry Udi’s brand and they have frozen dairy soy free breads (bread, hamburger buns, hot dog buns, bagels, even French bread). If anyone finds anything good let me know. I will be making homemade dairy soy free breads this fall to try out and I will let you guys know how that goes.

As always please double check your ingredients you never know when something might change or I might accidently over look something.

You can also find me on Pintrest @dairysoyfreemom

1 comment: