Monday, February 10, 2014

Dairy Free Soy Free Brownies






UPDATE: Please make sure to double check ingredients each time you buy. I hope I never overlook anything but it’s possible and ingredients can change. A lot of my posts are over two years old and since I have gone back dairy soy free I have discovered a few items I use to buy all the time that now have soy in them.




These are excellent somewhere between chewy and cake brownies.

Ingredients:




1/2 cup butter (I use Dairy Free Soy Free Earth Balance Natural Buttery Spread)
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour (if you use self-rising flour you do not need the salt or baking powder)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour (or spray, I use Pam for Grilling, check your spray for dairy & soy) an 8-inch square pan.

In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs (beat before mixing in), and 1 teaspoon vanilla.











In separate bowl mix 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder (omit salt & baking powder if using self-rising flour).Then beat dry ingredients into wet ingredients until it all looks wet.









Spread batter into prepared pan.






Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook, brownies will continue to cook out of oven. Let sit for about an hour before cutting.









Here is the original recipe: Best Brownies

*If you use a glass baking dish read all care instructions, and never broil food in them or place on cold surface out of hot oven.

You can also find me on Pintrest @DairySoyFreeMom

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Baby 2.0 has mpsi just like our number 1. So pleased to have discovered your blog. These look especially delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm worried if we have more they will also have the dairy soy issues but at least now I know how to handle it. I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let me know if you have any questions or tips.

      Delete